Jewels are meant to be worn as much as possible. However, in the following cases it is advised to remove them in order to avoid damaging them unnecessarily:
- when doing manual tasks, especially when chemicals or cleaning fluids are involved.
- when applying make-up and other cosmetics such as hairspray, perfumes and/or lotions. As these products often contain chemicals which risk damaging your favorite jewels, it is best to put on your jewelry afterwards.
- when bathing, showering or spending time in swimming pools and spas. Soap and chlorinated water can react with the materials found in jewelry, causing discoloration.
- when performing sports. Solid equipment and heavy impacts are likely to cause damage to your jewelry.
Our jewelry is made to last but pieces that are handled [without care] via excessive dropping, wear and tear, or improper transport / storage are more likely to show wear and potential damage over time. Please use common sense and care when wearing and storing your Souvenirs de Pomme piece.
CLEANING YOUR SDP JEWELRY
Clean your jewelry from time to time in order to improve its life expectancy.
- Use dedicated jewelry cleaning products and a jewelry polishing cloth. Regular soap can cause a film to form around the jewel, making it look dull, and anything other than a special jewelry polishing cloth may cause scratches.
- Clean your jewelry with warm water rather than hot water.
For gold and plated metals, please expect some natural tarnishing over time with wear. To reduce the effect of wear, gently wipe jewelry with soft polishing cloth and store in a dry place.
Tassel products which are crinkled:
Gently steam the tassels with a hand-steamer (or gently with a light iron) and they’ll be good as new!
STORING YOUR SDP JEWELRY
It is recommended that you store your jewelry in a safe and dry place, away from direct (sun) light.
Should you have any questions with regard to wearing, cleaning or storing your jewelry, feel free to contact us via email: email@example.com